Saturday 29 August 2015

An Awkward Moment At The Office Today -

So this guy enters my office with a seminal fluid analysis report.
Time collected - 10am
Time tested - 10.15am
Motile 0%
Sluggish 20%
Dead/Immotile 80%
Sperm count 1 million.
I tell him the result and he says there is improvement. Previously Sluggish was less than 10%.
I ask how long he has been managing low sperm count. He said he discovered it just before his marriage of about 7yrs.
I ask if he has ever Impregnated anyone in the past and he tells me no but that he has two kids by his wife. In fact despite his low sperm count he has never had any problem getting his wife pregnant so much so that the wife has gotten pregnant on many other occasions but miscarried. That there were no issues until they moved from their previous neighbourhood to delta state. He recalls his wife and neighbor were very emotional when they left. Since they came to Asaba she has not so much as taken in...
I look at him and he looks slowly back at me as realisation sets in.
Awkward silence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment